Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Why the fascination with gold?

I freely admitted that I trade precious metals derivatives: http://tedbits.blogspot.com/2010/04/from-btq-pdq.html

Now with full disclosure let me tell you that I am NOT a "gold bug" nor do I believe that a country's currency must be backed by gold.

There is a reason why everyone wants nukes and it is not about using them. It is about keeping them in inventory. Don't bet against the dollar because it has the basis of the full faith and credit of the US Government.

And the dollar has very good backing:
Source: The Center for Defense Information (CDI) a member of the World Security Institute. The World Security Institute (WSI) is a non-profit organization committed to independent research and journalism on global affairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment