Thursday, April 08, 2010

How Eileen Became Bob

This is not a transgender discussion. Having said this, I most likely lost 50% of my audience already as they just clicked "next blog".

Recently I wrote that you and I can't make easy money in the market. The video is here.

We are all handicapped with one short leg. I am Eileen. We all are Eileen. None of us can stand straight. The individual investor is a "wobbly" lot.

Central banks of various countries, who can simply print money and either give it to banks or buy market futures, are impacting markets. This forces us to follow a "false herd", our short, twisted and withered leg was cut off. We transformed from Eileen to Peg.

This week I talked to a really smart man about investing. He was a professor, technician but mostly he was a Quant. He didn't like PEG and I asked him, Why? His equations dazzled me into the realization that-- the reason I get 2 stock picks wrong for every 3; is because I am lucky.

Based on the "corrected PEG", I should be 100% wrong all of the time! This, my dear readers, requires some analysis of the broader market because I cannot be that wrong, could I? Or that lucky?

Therefore, I further applied his modifed PEG to about 50 of the more popular stocks based on volume traded. And you know what? They all stink! And if this guy is right, we are going to lose more than a leg. We are going to lose both of our legs and both of our arms.

Do you know what you call the guy with no arms and no legs? His name is Matt. Matt lies at your doorstep. Matt is the guy that everyone steps on and cleans their shoes. Eileen became Peg and Peg became Matt.

But we are not done.

You see after all the money printing, it seems that we must take more money from the people and give it to the governments. But the governments are not keeping the money because they are obligated to the people who are printing the money. So the money is returning to the rightful owners-- the people that printed it in the first place. So the story goes that more taxes are needed. And not just for the rich, but for everyone. Here comes the national sales tax or a VAT.

So let's take Matt, the poor unfortunate door rug with no arms and no legs and toss him into the toilet. For you see, the guy with no arms and legs that is now floating in the water is not called Matt, he is now called Bob [Define Bob: a small float usually made of cork; attached to a fishing line].

So now that we are all bobbing, please.... no one flush!

Thomas Jefferson once said, "The central bank is an institution of the most deadly hostility existing against the Principles and form of our Constitution. I am an Enemy to all banks discounting bills or notes for anything but Coin [coin = gold in the early 19th century]. If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the People of all their Property until their Children will wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered."

1 comment: