Wednesday, July 21, 2010

For Whom Da-Gong Tolls

As is customary after my medical exam, my doctor and I chit chat about the world situation. He asked me, "Do you think we will go to war with China". I answered saying that conflict may already be underway but I doubted that we would ever engage in a "shooting war".

To which he asked, "You mean an economic war?". I said, "No, monetary".

So to my dear Doctor C and all my faithful readers, I submit the following excerpt from the Dow Jones News service reporting on an interview my the Financial Times:

"Guan Jianzhong, head of China's biggest credit rating agency, blames his Western counterparts for the global financial crisis and says China, as the world's leading creditor nation, should have a greater say in how sovereign debt is rated.

Rating agencies such as Moody's Investors Service, Standard & Poor's and Fitch "are politicized and highly ideological and they do not adhere to objective standards," Guan, who is chairman of Dagong Global Credit Rating, said in an interview."

So here we have the Dagong show. And why not, if you were the largest creditor in the world, would you leave the task of credit rating to anyone else? Or better yet, do your own credit rating and don't tell anyone else-- leave the current puppets in place and threaten them with their very existence if they reveal true credit ratings to the anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment