Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hedging for the common man

Last year at this time, I posted a well proven technique for making money from what is called the "carry trade".  I showed you a method whereby you can do what the big banks do and returns are nearly 100% guaranteed.  You can refresh you memory here.

That was Carry Trade for the Common Man and now it is time for Hedging for the Common Man...

Fanfare please...[click]

It is simple:  When gas prices are rising buy XOM or DBO.  When food prices are rising buy food companies that can pass on price increases to consumers.  After a nice run up, cash out.  Here is the math:
BASE PRICES + (PRICE INCREASE - YOUR TRADING PROFITS) >= ZERO you win.

I have decided to buy my first iMAC computer.  With the recent two day collapse of the market, I was finally able to buy a few shares of Apple Computer at a reasonable price.  Apple is an unstoppable stock right now relative to the total market, so when AAPL resumes its run, I will cash out and have myself a free computer.

This is why people who spend their life watching American Idol, the Kardshians, Glee, etc. are getting poorer.  But they are happy in their ignorance so I am happy for them-- after all life is short so might as well turn on the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment